In the centers of Professor Ahmed El-Moatassem, the laser vision correction process Procedure is carried out between Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the Emirates and Iraq in the best vision correction centers in these countries with the utmost accuracy and efficiency, using the latest technologies, in addition to providing the best service for continuous follow-up before and after the operation at the best prices.
and the Dr. Ahmed El-Moatassem is considered the best ophthalmologist in Egypt because of his long experience and scientific research in ophthalmology. and he always strives to study all that is new in ophthalmology. He is a consultant ophthalmologist at Ain Shams University and specializes in cataract operations, glaucoma and Keratoconus Treatment, corneal transplantation, strabismus treatment, and Eye plastic.
What is vision correction?
Correction of vision is one of the an important process for a person who suffers from blurred vision, which makes it difficult for him to carry out daily activities.
Usually, a person needs vision correction process when there are problems with their vision due to what is known as a refractive error.
A refractive error occurs when there is a flaw in the curvature of the light inside the eye. If the light entering the eye does not hit the retina correctly, the vision will not be sharp.
There are four types of refractive errors, and they include:
- Myopia appears as a result of The epicenter of light gathers before the retina at the back of the eye; This makes it difficult to see distant objects.
- Farsightedness is caused by epicenter of light gathering behind the retina, and this makes it difficult to see nearby objects.
- Low vision with age and appears when the eye loses the ability to distinguish between distant and near objects, and This type is usually common in the forties age.
- Astigmatism often causes distortion in images, as well as double vision or skewed vision, and often happens when the cornea is somewhat elongated rather than round.
But whatever the type of refractive error, vision correction can help you see clearly and then perform daily tasks without staring or eye strain to clarify the vision.
What is the process of correcting vision?
The Vision correction is one of the common method, especially among people who do not want to wear glasses or contact lenses. also sometimes a lens can be implanted to correct vision.
Laser technology is one of the best vision correction operations in Egypt and the whole world. Also there are several types of vision correction operations, which include:
LASIK vision correction process
Laser vision correction process is performed by changing the shape of the cornea, and this changes the way light reaches the retina, and it can be used in cases of nearsightedness or correction of farsightedness with LASIK or astigmatism.
and the doctor makes a small flap that is lifted while the cornea is reshaped, and replaced at the end of the surgery, which achieves a speedy recovery in this type.
Photorefractive keratectomy Prk
Photorefractive keratectomy, or what is known as vision correction process prk. And it’s the most common alternative to LASIK, in which the Epithelial layer is removed from the cornea and reshaped with a laser.
Epilasik vision correction process
In this surgery, the same steps as take place during the PRK vision correction process are performed.But there is a difference between them.
It is the Epithelial layer of the cornea that is saved first, and put back into place again after the cornea is reshaped.
Femto Smile Vision Correction Process
Refractive surgery considered as using the SMILE technique is one of the similar operation to LASIK. But Dr. Ahmed Al-Moatasem makes a smaller incision to change the shape of the cornea in order to correct myopia.
Conductive keratoplasty CK
This surgery uses heat to tighten and adjust the cornea. And is usually used in vision correction operations for the elderly and over the age of forty. And for those who suffer from mild to moderate cases of farsightedness.
Intraocular lens IOLs
In this type of surgery, lenses are implanted and placed in front of the eye’s natural lens. and this procedure is often used for people who need strong vision correction, and cannot be corrected with LASIK or PRK.
Refractive lens replacement RLE
In this type of vision correction lens, the natural lens of the eye is replaced with an artificial lens, and it can be used for people who suffer from after looking, and their vision cannot be corrected using LASIK or PRK.
The latest developments in vision correction proceses in Egypt
The laser vision correction process has witnessed great developments nowadays. As this method relies on thermal surgery to reshape the cornea of the eye to solve vision problems.
And the laser process has evolved from the use of a mechanical tool in the process of sculpting the cornea to reshape it, to the use of the same laser beam in this procedure.
Which helped the doctor not to resort to stitching, and to achieve a great speed in recovery and recovery of the patient after the LASIK vision correction operation.
And for Examples of developments in laser vision correction proceses in Egypt include:
Photorefractive keratectomy PRK
In it, the doctor separates the epithelial cells of the laser surface. And the cornea is reshaped using an excimer laser.
And this technique is considered the safest for people with have a thin cornea; Because it does not depend on the separation of the crust from the surface of the cornea, as is the case in laser vision correction operations.
The surgeon removes a thin layer of the cornea, the fold, with a tool called a microkeratome, then reshapes the cornea with an excimer laser, and then restores the fold in its place to be healed after days.
And the most distinguishes thing about this surgery from the surface laser is that the patient can see more clearly hours after the operation.
Vision correction proces by Femto LASIK
Doctor Ahmed Al-Moatasem uses a femto-laser beams to separate the superficial corneal layers and make the fold. Then reshapes the cornea using an excimer laser.
The process of correcting vision by femto-smile
The doctor uses the femto-LASIK technique to lift the inner layers of the cornea without making the fold, Which leads to an increase in the safety of this technique with the owners of the thin cornea or with severe cases of farsightedness.
Contour Vision Lasik
The doctor resorts to using a corneal fingerprint to get rid of corneal aliasing that causes vision distortions.
Custom Lasik and Femto custom Lasik
The doctor uses each person’s distinctive eye print to identify visual abnormalities. Create a detailed patient profile to eliminate vision problems. And increase the ability to contrast between the colors.
Conditions for laser vision correction process
There are several conditions that must be met to be a candidate for LASIK proces, including:
- The appropriate age for vision correction proces is in adult patients over 18 years of age.
- Your exposure to some previous surgeries, especially thermal surgeries, may prevent you from undergoing LASIK vision correction.
- Your vision must be stable. You can’t have LASIK surgery if you’ve changed your glasses or contact lenses within the past year.
- Certain medications that may alter your vision may prevent you from having the procedure.
- Hormonal fluctuations that can affect your vision, such as breastfeeding or diabetes, may prevent the use of LASIK.
- People with particularly thin corneas may have an increased risk of blindness with LASIK Procedure.
Contraindications of vision correction process
There are some diseases or conditions that may prevent the patient from undergoing LASIK vision correction, including the following:
- dry eyes
- The blue water or glaucoma.
- Impetigo simplex disease.
- herpes zoster
- Ocular hypertension.
Steps of the laser vision correction process
Doctor Ahmed Al-Moatasem performs vision correction operations with precision and efficiency through some steps, which include:
- The patient is brought to the operating room and sits on a secluded chair.
- He lies on his back under a laser system and a computer screen, and drops of anesthetic are placed in his eyes.
- A device called an ophthalmoscope is used in order to keep the eyelids open during the procedure.
- The suction ring then mediates over the pupil and suctions the pupil.
- Using a glass lens to stabilize the eye and flatten the cornea.
- The surgeon begins by focusing the laser on the surgical area.
- The laser pulses help create a fold in the surface of the cornea and release the suction.
- After the fold is removed, the micro-excimer laser will use ultraviolet rays to reshape the cornea according to each case.
- The patient may hear a ticking sound or smell something burning during the procedure.
- In femto-LASIK, the fold is replaced once the reshaping of the cornea is complete, and this fold is healed in place without stitches.
The duration of the vision correction process
Usually, the Laser vision correction operations do not take more than half an hour per eye, and the patient must bring a companion with him to drive him home.
What are the damage of the Vision correction process?
As with any surgical Procedure, there may be some risks with femto-LASIK. But it is less than other surgical interventions used to correct vision.
and these damages are:
- Its effectiveness may diminish over time.
- Seeing continuous halos around light or double vision.
- Dry eyes after vision correction proces and a temporary decrease in tear production in the first 6 months after the operation.
Disadvantages of laser vision correction process
There are also some risks of laser vision correction process, which include the following:
- Build-up of OBL dark bubble layer that may reduce the efficiency of the laser to work properly.
- Transient Light Sensitivity Syndrome (TLSS) may appear days or weeks after surgery and can lead to severe sensitivity to light and vision problems.
- Rainbow glare that Leads to in colored bands of light appearing in the field of view when looking at a white light source.
Expectations after vision correction process
The patient must know some symptoms after the vision correction operation, but usually these symptoms last a few days, including:
- Discomfort feeling such as mild pain, burning, itching or irritation.
- Blurry or blurred vision.
- Halos or glare around lights.
- red eyes.
The difference between vision correction operations
Although there are several types of refractive surgeries, all aim to reshape the cornea with a laser to solve vision problems.
Each has principle differences that distinguish it, and the method of accessing the cornea may differ for each procedure, for example:
- In traditional LASIK surgery, the flap is made from small pieces with a mechanical instrument rather than completely removing the top layer of the cornea.
- Femto LASIK make the flap using a laser instead of a mechanical cutting tool.
- With PRK surgery, the top layer of the cornea is completely removed.
- SMILE surgery is similar to femto-LASIK, but the laser is beamed over a smaller area.
The difference between LASIK and femto-LASIK:
In the normal LASIK process. A flap is made from small pieces using a surgical cutting tool instead of removing the upper layer of the cornea. But in femto-LASIK, a flap is made using LASIK instead of a surgical cutting tool.
The difference between femto lasik and femto smile:
As we mentioned, the flap is made using a laser instead of a surgical tool. But in femto-smile lasik, the lasik beam is directed at a somewhat smaller area.
Advices before the vision correction process
There are some tips that must be followed before the operation procedure, for example:
- You should talk to your doctor and discuss your goals and all information about laser vision correction operations, and the doctor will tell you about the expectations and risks of the operation and how much the vision correction process costs.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must leave them for one to three weeks before the operation, depending on the type of lenses used.
- Before the day of the operation, Dr. Ahmed Al-Moatasem will ask you to do a complete examination and wipe your eyes; As this scanning is used to guide the laser.
- It is necessary to accompany an escort to take you to the operation and get you out of it.
- Stop using cosmetics near eye for at least a day before surgery.
Tips after vision correction process
There are some instructions that the doctor tells you after the operation, and they must be implemented accurately, including:
- Wear an eye shield for the first 48 hours after the procedure to avoid scratching or rubbing the eye and displacement the airfoil.
- You should have a follow-up appointment within 48 hours after surgery with your Doctor; It removes the eye cover and checks your vision.
- Dr. Ahmed Al-Moatasem will prescribe eye drops to prevent infection or inflammation.
- The necessity of not wearing contact lenses on the eye, even if the eye is blurred.
- Avoid using cosmetics for two weeks after surgery.
- Limit activities, especially strenuous activities, for three days after the operation.
- Avoid swimming or a hot tub for about one to two weeks after surgery.
- Abstain from sports activities for at least four weeks after surgery.
- Your eyesight may continue to fluctuate during the first months after surgery, and it can take three to six months to achieve the final result.
- You should have regular follow-up visits at least every six months with your doctor.
The cost of laser vision correction process in Egypt
The prices of vision correction proceses vary according to several factors, and it should not be treated as a commodity and we choose the best price. These factors include the following:
- The doctor’s experience, skills and accuracy greatly reduces the risks of the operation.
- The devices used in the operation and the extent and development of it to obtain the best vision correction process.
- The center or hospital in which the operation will be performed and the extent of its sterilization and cleanliness.
Does the process of correcting vision cause blindness?
Rarely, laser vision correction process may cause blindness, as Dr. Ahmed Al-Moatasem center uses the latest laser vision correction techniques.
Which contributes to increasing the safety of this operation, in addition to increasing the success rate of the vision correction process in our advanced centers.
Is it possible to perform a Vision correction process twice?
Yes, laser vision correction can be done more than once, but they must be separated by at least a year. And that after the doctor decides that it is needed.
Revision surgery success rate
The success rate of vision correction process by LASIK is more than 95% in most cases. This percentage depends largely on the degree of quality of vision before the operation. And the patient rarely needs to repeat the operation again.
When does the sight return to normal after the femto-lasik operation?
Vision returns to its normal image after a week or two of femto-LASIK surgery. In which the patient feels some blurring and discomfort in vision and light halos around the light.
From what age can a vision correction process be performed?
The appropriate age for vision correction process starts from twenty to forty years. Where the degree of visual impairment and vision problems is stable. It changes in very slight degrees, and therefore it can be controlled.
Correction of vision after the age of forty
Vision correction process can be performed after the age of forty. But it is required at that time to not have any other eye diseases such as cataracts, keratoconus, and others.
Pros and cons of vision correction
One of the most important advantages of the vision correction process is that it helps the patient to clarify the vision and correct vision problems in a completely safe and effective way.
And in the process of correcting vision through implantation of lenses, the patient does not need to take daily care of the lenses, as is the case with external contact lenses, and the patient does not feel them and does not cause any feeling of inconvenience.
and the implanted lenses cannot be seen inside the eye, and the lenses do not affect the external appearance of the eye, but they look completely natural and are not exposed to dehydration because they are designed to remain inside the eye for very long periods.
As for its downsides, eye redness may occur for two to three days after the operation.
nd dryness in the eye may occur for a period of one to six months after the operation. It is treated using medical eye moisturizing drops or artificial tears drops.
Free vision correction processes
We are sad to say that all advertisements that include free vision correction process Procedure are fake, Nonvocational advertisements in which cheap or inappropriate types of vision correction operations are tried, which leads to major problems for the patient later.
The best vision correction centers in Egypt
It is not possible to talk about vision correction operations without mentioning the best center specialized in performing them. Therefore, we will mention some of the advantages of Dr. Ahmed El-Moatassem Center, which is the first destination for patients who need vision correction operations in Egypt.
In this center there are the latest technologies and advanced devices and it contains several surgical operating rooms equipped with the latest surgical microscopes and the best vision correction devices under the supervision of a group of doctors, consultants and eye surgeons, in addition to the medical assistant team consisting of the best anesthesia technicians, nursing and reception staff Who constitute an integrated and professional staff that achieves the highest levels of care and attention to the patient.